Anyone can go to the gym, but if you want to reach your fitness goals it helps to have a trainer. An adviser can improve your financial health the same way. Here’s how:
- Goal setting. Advisers will draw up a plan to help you reach your goals.
- Budgeting. They’ll help manage your spending and your cash flow.
- Saving. Advisers can explain the best use for extra cash—say, from a bonus or tax refund—by comparing the benefits of paying down debt, or building up your RRSPs and TFSAs.
- Finding solutions. Advisers can show how programs like the RRSP Home Buyers’ Plan can benefit you.
- Updating your plan. Having kids? Retiring? Buying a home? Your adviser will keep your plan up to date.