When you routinely make risky investments with the anticipation of a quick payoff, you may be gambling with your money, rather than investing for the long term. Take our quiz to find out if you have some of these key personality traits that are typical of problem gamblers.
1. What’s your ideal vacation?
a. A staycation where I spend a week on the porch reading classic novels.
b. A beach holiday where I can choose to swim or scuba dive if I feel like it.
c. Bungee jumping in a 150-foot mountain canyon above a rushing, turbulent river.
2. What has your emotional state been today?
a. The morning was great; then I was feeling really low, but now I’m fabulous thanks!
b. A bit of minor bad news put me in a mild funk for a while, but now I’m good.
c. It’s a typical day and I’m feeling solid and healthy, as usual.
3. How do you prepare for an important interview or speech?
a. Put on my lucky jacket–it never fails.
b. It won’t hurt to eat my special power breakfast.
c. I spend hours researching and rehearsing.
1) a-0 points; b-1 points; c-2 points
2) a-2 points; b-1 points; c-0 points
3) a-2 points; b-1 points; c-0 points