Australian risk profiling firm FinaMetrica has developed one of the world’s most popular and respected risk measurement systems, and for a limited time, they’re letting MoneySense readers take it for free. Below are some sample questions from the survey. For more on this topic read, “Are your investments at risk?” from the December 2014 issue of MoneySense.
When you think of the word “risk” in a financial context, which of the following words comes to mind first?
If you had to choose between more job security with a small pay increase and less job security with a big pay increase, which would you pick?
1. Definitely more job security with a small pay increase.
2. Probably more job security with a small pay increase.
3. Not sure.
4. Probably less job security with a big pay increase.
5. Definitely less job security with a big pay increase.
Investments can go up or down in value and experts often say you should be prepared to weather a downturn. By how much could the total value of all your investments go down before you would begin to feel uncomfortable?
1. Any fall would make me feel uncomfortable.
6. More than 50%.