Have you ever electrocuted yourself?

  4

by

Online only.

  4

A few months ago 16 people died and dozens more were injured when a high voltage powerline collapsed during Carnival celcbrations in Rio de Janeiro.

A freak accident? Yes. But it’s amazing to think that in Ontario 49% of all electrocution fatalities were caused by powerlines. (Just for perspective, there have been 207 fatalities due to electrocution over the last decade.)

But not all electrocutions result in serious or fatal injuries. There are many, many more that simply jolt us awake. Make us sit up and pay attention. And, at times, send that screwdriver hurtling across the room.

These are the people I would love to talk to. People that were shocked during routine home maintenance or repairs.

Seriously.

And I’m not limiting this to those of us that were zapped. I’d love to talk to anyone that wants to discuss their trials and tribulations when it comes to home repairs. Maybe it’s that plumbing job where you forgot to turn off the water before you unhooked the faucet? Or the tree removal fiasco that almost demolished your neighbour’s car?

If you’ve got a story, I want to talk to you.

Oh, and for those staring at the headline and thinking: That’s not right. If you electrocute yourself you’d be dead, unable to share your stories and certainly unable to read this post. Well, you’re right. But, in colloquial conversation the term electrocuted is often used to define the act of shocking oneself with electricity, regardless of whether or not it was fatal.

4 comments on “Have you ever electrocuted yourself?

  1. If they were electrocuted, they wouldn't be around to talk to you.

    Reply

  2. I really like your blog but i think that you would get more people if you optimized better, idk if you have heard of this program but its very helpfull if you want to bring more traffic to your website. It tells you what you need to improve on your blog posts to help google rank your pages better. I posted the link im the website field. let me know what you think maybe i can help you out.

    Reply

  3. I have 'electrocuted' myself numerous times throughout the years, from faulty wiring, poorly ground switches, screwdrivers in the wrong place you name it. I am still here to tell you about it :-)

    Reply

  4. Pingback: http://www.LegitVip.com/

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *