How to assign RRSP contributions to prior years

How to assign contributions to prior years

You can declare contributions made before March 3 for either year.


clock_0511_322Updated on Jan. 23, 2014.

If you’ve maxed out your 2013 contributions already, contributions made in the first two months of 2014 can be declared for either tax year. If you don’t want the contribution included on your 2013 tax return, just wait and include the amount you deposited on your tax return for 2014.